Category Archives: Specialized Systems

Services Spotlight: Engineering

UMD Automated Systems strives to create better processes related to mechanical systems for material handling and manufacturing. We took a broader view, learned everything we could about each customer, and focused on solving business challenges that extend far beyond a … Continue reading

Posted in Customized Systems, Industry, Specialized Systems | Leave a comment

Engineering Expansion Success at UMD!

Here at UMD Automated Systems, we’re entering Phase 3 of our company expansion. This phase includes expanding our engineering office and is expected to start on April 27th for company/customer use. Our goal at UMD is to challenge the status … Continue reading

Posted in Conveyors, Manufacturing, Mixing & Batching Equipment, Rubber Processing, Specialized Systems | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

UMD Offers Latest Industry Technology Updates Through YouTube Videos

Here at UMD Automated Systems, we create material handling solutions for manufacturers in a wide range of industries, such as Tire and Rubber, Tier 1 Automotive, packaging and tote handling, appliance, bulk handling, and structural. When you choose us for … Continue reading

Posted in Conveyors, Customized Systems, Made in the USA, Manufacturing, Mixing & Batching Equipment, Modular Equipment, Research and Development, Rubber Processing, Specialized Systems | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

UMD Automated Systems Looks Forward to 2017

Here at UMD Automated Systems, we are currently analyzing the manufacturing outlook and trends for 2017 and 2018. Although slow growth is predicted, there will most likely be a long-term increase over the coming years, which is great news for … Continue reading

Posted in Conveyors, Customized Systems, Made in the USA, Manufacturing, Mixing & Batching Equipment, Modular Equipment, Rubber Processing, Specialized Systems, ZonAcc Conveyor System | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

2016 in Review

With the holidays fast approaching, it seems that another year has come and gone. We at UMD Automated Systems are looking ahead and preparing for the new year. At the same time, we’re taking the time to look back at … Continue reading

Posted in Conveyors, Customized Systems, Made in the USA, Manufacturing, Mixing & Batching Equipment, Modular Equipment, Rubber Processing, Specialized Systems | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

In Case You Missed UMD at the ITEC or IEC 2016, Here’s a Quick Recap!

It’s been 20 years since UMD opened our doors to customers from the tire manufacturing and automotive industries and we haven’t looked back. Working from a place of integrity and meticulous attention to detail, UMD has grabbed every opportunity to … Continue reading

Posted in Conveyors, Manufacturing, Mixing & Batching Equipment, Modular Equipment, Rubber Processing, Specialized Systems, ZonAcc Conveyor System | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

UMD Automated Systems Celebrates National Manufacturing Day

The first Friday of every October, companies across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico celebrate National Manufacturing Day. This year, the event takes place on October 7th with over 2,340 events. National Manufacturing Day is a day for companies to open … Continue reading

Posted in Conveyors, Made in the USA, Manufacturing, Mixing & Batching Equipment, Modular Equipment, Research and Development, Rubber Processing, Specialized Systems | Tagged , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Tire Sortation Innovation with the DARB Sorter

In these highly competitive times, the efficiency and quality that sorting systems provide is welcomed by a number of industries. Within the tire and rubber industry, DARB sorters are one of the best ways to maximize efficiency and quality. With … Continue reading

Posted in Customized Systems, Research and Development, Specialized Systems | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

ZonAcc: Patented, Non-Pressure Conveying

Conveyor systems are one of the most effective ways to make manufacturing more efficient, and one of the first and most widely used means of factory automation. As automation becomes more widespread and important in manufacturing, conveyors will continue to … Continue reading

Posted in Specialized Systems | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

80/20

Most of our systems follow the 80/20 rule: 80% of what we’re doing we have a history with, and the other 20% is unique to the application we’re working on. Both parts of that 80/20 are equally important. The 80% … Continue reading

Posted in Research and Development, Specialized Systems | Leave a comment