Services Spotlight: Engineering

UMD Automated Systems strives to create better processes related to mechanical systems for material handling and manufacturing. We took a broader view, learned everything we could about each customer, and focused on solving business challenges that extend far beyond a specific application. Things like longer equipment life, easier maintenance, and lower total cost of ownership. We’ve followed that path ever since. It’s the best way we know to keep your products – and your business – in motion. Our services include a proven production process, innovative design engineering, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and custom software & control development. As a multi-divisional company, we perform all these services in-house, working closely with you to develop your total materials handling system from start to finish.

With over 30 years of engineering knowledge, we bring a unique design strategy to every project. As active listeners, we hear your needs and give you a solution that is a perfect fit. We strive to design material handling systems and machinery that improve your productivity and operational efficiencies – systems that get the job done right and ultimately save you money. We ultimately save you money by providing durable components with low maintenance requirements. Our systems are scalable, to grow as you do. We use multiple programs to be as flexible as possible which means as your needs change, your systems can too.

UMD Automated Services strives to use an 80/20 approach to all systems. 80% of what we’re doing we have a history with, and the other 20% is unique to the application we’re working on. The 80% is a foundation; it is the technology that we have proved to work over the last 30 years. The 20% is the research and development that goes into each clients’ projects. It’s innovation. It’s tailored solely to your application, something that we’ve only built for your system. It’s what takes the 80% and makes it applicable for you. And you can trust that 20%.

Here at UMD, we tend to lead and not follow. We have a history of developing advanced designs. We put a lot of resources into research and development, pushing technology to the limit to provide systems that optimize your business. Contact us to find out how we can enhance your business.

This entry was posted in Customized Systems, Industry, Specialized Systems. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply